Because we are a fairly small, volunteer-run operation, we have limited capacity to clean donations that we receive. To ensure that your donations are accepted, please wipe down appliances and wash clothes before donating.
- Books – textbooks, fiction, non-fiction, children’s books, etc.
- Cleaning supplies (un-used and unexpired) – laundry detergent, dish soap, new sponges, disinfectant, dryer sheets, air fresheners, etc.
- Clothing – pants, shirts, hats, pairs of shoes, purses/bags, belts, etc. – NOTE: we cannot accept used undergarments such as socks or underwear, except for used bras in good condition
- Electronics – computers/laptops, TVs, DVD players, radios, game consoles & accessories, etc. NOTE: We do accept electronics that are not working, but please LABEL that they are broken
- Furniture – SEE NOTE ON LARGE ITEMS – tables, chairs, dressers, plastic storage containers, book shelves, stools, benches, etc.
- Cookware/Kitchenware – eating utensils, cooking utensils, cups, knives (please wrap before donating for the safety of our volunteers), pots, pans, GLASS storage containers, cutting boards, etc.
- Non-perishable food items (unopened, unexpired, and non-perishable) – canned goods, jarred goods, boxed goods, snacks, drinks, etc. NOTE: A package can be open if there are individually wrapped and still-sealed packages inside
- Personal care items (unopened and unexpired) – deodorant, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, soap, menstrual products, razors, toothpaste/toothbrushes, hand sanitizer, makeup, etc. NOTE: A package can be open if there are individually wrapped and still-sealed packages inside
- School/office supplies (unused) – notebooks, paper, binders, pens/pencils/highlighters, calculators, i-Clickers, sticky notes, staples/staplers, tape, white out, art supplies, organizational items, etc. NOTE: you may donate used notebooks, but rip the used pages out of them first
- Small appliances – fans, space heaters, lamps, mini fridges, microwaves, coffee pots, rice cookers, slow cookers, etc.
- Miscellaneous items – rugs in good condition and without stains, towels, decorations, costumes, mirrors, board games, puzzles, sporting equipment, etc.
- In partnership with the Endwell Rotary Club, the MOP team will be collecting lithium-ion batteries and devices with lithium-ion batteries at our collection tents on May 10th and 11th only. Click here to view a list of items accepted through this initiative. NOTE: To fit in this category, the item must contain a lithium-ion battery. It must not require a plugged-in cord to operate. Only rechargeable items with lithium-ion batteries fall into this category.
A note on large items: A large item is anything that cannot easily be picked up by one person. If you are an off-campus student requesting a pick-up appointment, you must indicate what large items, if any, you will be donating. We cannot guarantee pick-up of large items, but we may be able to assign multiple volunteers with a big enough vehicle.
If you have already submitted a pick-up request without indicating a large item and later on realize you want to donate a large item, please contact us at [email protected].
- Dirty items (please clean before donating)
- Broken items (except for electronics, but please label that it is broken)
- Plastic tupperware
- Used undergarments (socks, underwear)
- Upholstered items (i.e. couch)
- Opened food items
Have something to donate that’s not on the list? Contact us at [email protected] and we’ll let you know if we can accept it!